After a career in chemical engineering, Trevor trained as a lawyer in Ontario. He started practising in British Columbia in 2007, before relocating to the UK in 2011.
- Law Society of Scotland - Solicitor (2015)
- Law Society of England & Wales - Solicitor (2011)
- Law Society of British Columbia - Barrister & solicitor (2007)
- University of Ottawa - LLB, magna cum laude (2006)
- University of Waterloo - MASc in Chemical Engineering (2002)
- University of Waterloo - BASc in Chemical Engineering (1997)
Trevor has a keen practical understanding of small and medium-sized businesses: three years as finance director of a small international firm, nearly five years as head of legal at a rapidly growing Scottish multinational, and two terms as a non-executive director with Modo, Vancouver’s car-sharing cooperative.
Away from work, Trevor enjoys outdoor activities, particularly running and golf.
Trevor’s recent legal and commercial experience includes:
- Privacy-by-design and GDPR-compliance advice to a social network start-up based in Africa.
- Management buy-out in England (£7M annual turnover)
- Merging five Canadian companies from four jurisdictions into a single firm with an annual revenues of $8M.
- Company share sales and acquisitions in the UK, Canada (BC, Ontario, Nova Scotia and Alberta), Germany, Poland, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, the Netherlands and South Africa.
- Establishing subsidiaries in Singapore, Australia, India and South Africa.
- Advised Ontario multinational on disabled employee's accommodation request to use medical cannabis at work.
Paralegal, Data Privacy Advisor
- CIPP/E - Certified Information Privacy Professional (Europe)
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Marketing
With his combined marketing and data privacy credentials, plus a skill-set gained from customer-facing roles in construction, design, and higher education, Lucas advises companies on data privacy compliance through the lens of helping them achieve their business goals at the same time.
Away from his desk, Lucas is an avid runner, yogi, gardener and chef.
Let's have a chat in plain English.
Contact us today by sending a message, booking a 30-minute initial consultation at no charge or requesting a call back.