With qualifications in Canada and the UK, we’re in a unique position to help companies doing business in both jurisdictions.
Our founder, Trevor Fenton
After a career in chemical engineering, Trevor trained as a lawyer in Ontario. He started practising in British Columbia in 2007, before relocating to the UK in 2011.
- Law Society of Scotland - Solicitor (2015)
- Law Society of England & Wales - Solicitor (2011)
- Law Society of British Columbia - Barrister & solicitor (2007)
- University of Ottawa - LLB, magna cum laude (2006)
- University of Waterloo - MASc in Chemical Engineering (2002)
- University of Waterloo - BASc in Chemical Engineering (1997)
Trevor has a keen practical understanding of small and medium-sized businesses: three years as finance director of a small international firm, nearly five years as head of legal at a rapidly growing Scottish multinational, and two terms as a non-executive director with Modo, Vancouver’s car-sharing cooperative.
Away from work, Trevor enjoys outdoor activities, particularly running and golf.
Trevor’s recent legal and commercial experience includes:
- Privacy-by-design and GDPR-compliance advice to a social network start-up based in Africa.
- Management buy-out in England (£7M annual turnover)
- Merging five Canadian companies from four jurisdictions into a single firm with an annual revenues of $8M.
- Company share sales and acquisitions in the UK, Canada (BC, Ontario, Nova Scotia and Alberta), Germany, Poland, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, the Netherlands and South Africa.
- Establishing subsidiaries in Singapore, Australia, India and South Africa.
- Advised Ontario multinational on disabled employee's accommodation request to use medical cannabis at work.
Need Help in Plain English?
Contact us today by sending a message, booking a 30-minute initial consultation at no charge or requesting a call back.